Submodalities use the basic language of the mind to change the way we encode thoughts and ideas. By changing the submodalities, we change what that thought means, and that changes the way we feel about those things.
- Contrastive Analysis: Find the submodalities of two things and compare them to find the possible Drivers. Example: Comparing the submodalities of Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt to find the drivers.
- Mapping Across (Like to Dislike, Submodalities Belief Change, etc): Shifting the drivers (important submodalities) found in Contrastive Analysis to change the meaning of one internal representation to another. Example: Changing the Submodalities of Ice Cream (liked) to Frozen Yogurt (disliked) should cause the client to dislike Ice Cream.
- Swish Pattern: Replaces an unwanted Internal Representation with a desired one. Swish works well for changing minor states or behaviors. For example, you can use it to switch the client’s bad habit (i.e., biting nails) to a more desired one (i.e., brushing hair with fingers.)
- Dissociative Techniques: Shifting viewpoints and viewing an Internal Representation from a dissociated position. You can use this to to reduce the negative emotion on a memory, so a client can look at it without feeling the feelings. This works well to help clients get rid of phobias during the Phobia Model.
- Perceptual Positions: Shifts the Internal Representation between three empowering viewpoints:
- First Position is looking through your own eyes.
- Second Position is looking through another person’s eyes (usually a significant person in the event).
- Third Position is observing the entire scene from a dissociated position (say, above the entire event as a video camera). This is useful as a Dissociative Technique and for incorporating learnings.
- Four Ways to Learn More NLP
- Examples Of Triggers In NLP Contexts
- Submodalities Contrastive Analysis
- Submodalities Like To Dislike Script
- Submodalities Belief Change Script
- Swish Patterns
- Submodality Worksheet
Four Ways To Learn More NLP
At Transform Destiny, we have something for everyone. You'll find the materials that meet your budget and desire for knowledge. That's why we have these four resources for you:
Learn the foundations of NLP for self-improvement and communication. This is an introductory video course will give you a great taste of NLP and tools that you can use immediately. Visit www.freenlphomestudy.com for more info.
2. Live NLP Certification Trainings
Get certified in our live NLP trainings, where you'll learn to master all the skills of NLP at the Practitioner level. Ours are the best trainings in the industry, because, while other institutes train to the lowest required standards, we do more! Our trainings go above and beyond to deliver the most amazing, life-changing experience you've ever attended.
3. Online NLP Certification Trainings
Or get certified from home more in our online NLP trainings, where you'll learn to master all the skills of NLP at the Practitioner level. Ours are the best trainings in the industry, because, while other institutes train to the lowest required standards, we do more! Our trainings go above and beyond to deliver the most amazing, life-changing experience you've ever attended.
4. Continue Reading the Free NLP Guide and Get Our Free Hypnosis and NLP Newsletter
Our NLP Guide is entirely free, and you can browse it for scripts and instructions on all the Practitioner level NLP material. Visit the free NLP Guide at www.transformdestiny.com/nlp-guide.
Our monthly newsletter is also free, offering you lessons, tips and advice on hypnosis and NLP. You can sign up for our newsletter here.