For use when the problem state is a stuck state, or too far apart for collapse anchors.
- Identify the problem state (ex: Procrastination), and decide on the positive state at the end (ex: Motivation).
- Get unconscious permission: "Is it alright with your Unconscious Mind for you to let go of this problem/state today, and for you to be consciously aware of it?"
- Get conscious permission: "In just a moment we’re going to do a process called ‘Chaining Anchors,’ and that means I’ll need to touch you on the knuckles. Is that ok?"
- Design the chain: Decide on what intermediate states are needed to lead to the end state.
- Therapist:"You’re procrastinating, what gets you out of procrastination?"
- Therapist:"Good, and what gets you out of the state of boredom?"
- Therapist:"Good, what gets you out of the state of curiosity?"
- Client:"After I feel curious I get motivated!"
- Make sure the chain is different than how they already do it. How they do it now is not working, so it makes no sense to use it. "Is this how you try to do it now?"
- If the answer is, "No" then go to Step #7. If the answer is "Yes" then say, "“Good, let’s find a new way you can go from (ex: procrastination to motivation) that’s different from how you already do it. What else would get out of the state of (ex: procrastination)?"
Redesign the entire chain.
- Get into each state as you elicit and anchor each state separately, beginning with the present state through the end state. (You may have to stack all states to get a high intensity.)
- Anchor the first state: "Can you remember a time when you felt totally __________? Can you remember a specific time? As you go back to that time now, go right back to that time, float down into your body and see what you saw, hear what you heard, and really feel the feelings of feeling totally _____________."
- Break State
- Repeat steps 8 – 9 and anchor every state.
- Test each state, breaking state between each one. Make sure that the client goes into each one. If they don’t, restack that state.
- Chain each state together firing #1 and when #1 is at its peak add #2, and then release #1. When #2 comes to the peak, add #3, then release #2. Add #4, etc. in the same way.
- Test: Fire present state anchor. The client should end up in the final and desired state, automatically: "I'm going to fire off the procrastination anchor and notice that you immediately go into each state and end at the end state.
- Test: "Now how do you feel about that old problem you used to have? How is it different now?"
- Future Pace: "“Can you think of a time in the future which if it had happened in the past you would have _______________ (ex: procrastinated) and now tell me what happens instead?"
Back to the NLP Guide
Four Ways To Learn More NLP
At Transform Destiny, we have something for everyone. You'll find the materials that meet your budget and desire for knowledge. That's why we have these four resources for you:
Learn the foundations of NLP for self-improvement and communication. This is an introductory video course will give you a great taste of NLP and tools that you can use immediately. Visit www.freenlphomestudy.com for more info.
2. Live NLP Certification Trainings
Get certified in our live NLP trainings, where you'll learn to master all the skills of NLP at the Practitioner level. Ours are the best trainings in the industry, because, while other institutes train to the lowest required standards, we do more! Our trainings go above and beyond to deliver the most amazing, life-changing experience you've ever attended.
Click to learn more about our Live NLP Home Certification Training
3. Online NLP Certification Trainings
Or get certified from home more in our online NLP trainings, where you'll learn to master all the skills of NLP at the Practitioner level. Ours are the best trainings in the industry, because, while other institutes train to the lowest required standards, we do more! Our trainings go above and beyond to deliver the most amazing, life-changing experience you've ever attended.
Click to learn more about our Online NLP Home Certification Training
4. Continue Reading the Free NLP Guide and Get Our Free Hypnosis and NLP Newsletter
Our NLP Guide is entirely free, and you can browse it for scripts and instructions on all the Practitioner level NLP material. Visit the free NLP Guide at www.transformdestiny.com/nlp-guide.
Our monthly newsletter is also free, offering you lessons, tips and advice on hypnosis and NLP. You can sign up for our newsletter here.